Cisco Online Privacy Statement Summary
The Cisco Online Privacy Statement and this summary apply to Cisco’s websites and
our affiliates’ websites that link to the Statement.
- Cisco respects and is committed to protecting Personal Information. Our Online Privacy
Statement reflects current global principles and standards on handling Personal Information
– transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Our Privacy Policies and practices are designed to comply with applicable laws around the
world and to earn and maintain your trust in Cisco.
Below are some of the highlights of the Cisco Online Privacy Statement. Note, more specific
information on how Cisco processes Personal Information may be found in privacy
data sheets and maps, offer descriptions, or other notices provided in association or
prior to or at the time of data collection.
Collection and use of Personal Information
- We collect Personal Information for a variety of reasons, which may include processing your
order, providing our various websites and other products and services (“Solutions”),
providing you with a newsletter subscription, sending business and marketing communications,
personalizing your experience, processing job applications.
- We will use your Personal Information for the purposes stated in our Online Privacy Statement or such other
privacy notices that we may make available (e.g., our Privacy Data Sheets, site or
event-specific privacy notices, etc.).
- We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other
sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us improve and
better tailor our interactions and performance with you.
- We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and web-based Solutions
through the use of various technologies, including cookies.
Notice and your choices of data use
- We will not use your Personal Information for a different purpose without first asking for
your permission or as otherwise permitted by law.
- We will ask your permission before we share your Personal Information with third parties for
any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise stated in our Online Privacy Statement.
Your privacy rights
- Various data protection laws around the world provide individuals with certain rights
regarding their Personal Information. This may include the right to access, correct, delete,
object to or limit the processing of your Personal Information, or to submit a complaint to
your local data protection authority. To learn more about your privacy rights, see the Online Privacy Statement.
- To submit a request to exercise your privacy rights or to update your communication
preferences, please use the Privacy
- We are committed to protecting your Personal Information against unauthorized use or
International data transfers
- As a global organization, Cisco Systems, Inc. and other Cisco Group Companies, as well as
their respective business partners and suppliers, operate in countries located all around
the world. Your personal data may be transferred to or accessed from those countries, some
of which may have data protection laws that are not as protective of Personal
Information. In those situations, we implement additional safeguards to protect your
Personal Information. For example, we enter into data protection agreements with our
suppliers requiring them to adhere to a minimum standard for protecting your Personal
Information. We have also implemented the following safeguards:
- Cisco is certified under the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules
system and Privacy Recognition
for Processors regarding personal data handling and transfers to/from the APEC
member economies. For more information on the scope of our participation, or to submit
a privacy inquiry through BBB National Programs, our Accountability Agent, please
click on the official seal below:
- Cisco’s Binding
Corporate Rules – Controller (BCR-C) provide that transfers made by Cisco as a
controller worldwide of European Personal Information benefit from additional safeguards.
- Cisco is also certified and adheres to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy
Shield frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the
collection, use, and processing of personal data from the EU/EEA, the UK, and Switzerland.
- Cisco may also use the EU Standard Contractual Clauses to provide additional safeguards for
Personal Information collected from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and
Questions, comments, or concerns
- To find out more about our privacy practices, see the full version of the Cisco Online Privacy Statement or such other
privacy notices that we may make available (e.g., our Privacy Data Sheets, site-specific
privacy notices, etc.).
Last updated: July 1, 2022